Friday, April 11, 2014

Review: Yurbuds iPhone 5 5S Race Running Gym Case

Just received my Yurbuds iPhone 5 5S Race Running Gym Case last night and tested it out on a run this morning. I had been using my iphone sans case during runs (I know risky right?) until I finally caught my toe on a sidewalk and bit it. Thankfully my phone escaped with only a few minor scratches. As you can see in the picture I did not.

On to the review! Right out of the box the silicone red and black case seems like it's too big for the iphone 5, but the phone fits nicely. The phone can be taken in and out with ease compared to other cases I've tried. There is a red honeycomb layer that appears to add more support to the back side of the phone. The corners are also loaded up with more silicon to protect the device if dropped. It almost feels as if it would bounce if dropped. There is no screen protection which makes the phone easier to take in and out, but worries me if dropped face down.

The handle on the back does help me grip the case while running. Although I thought my hand would slide farther behind the case to cradle it my palm. Instead it lands right between my knuckles and first finger joints. The volume buttons on the side of the phone were easy enough to use while in the case. However, due to the additional padding on the top the power button was a little tricky to find.

All things considered, it is one of the nicer running specific cases I have used. It's so unobtrusive that I'll probably leave it on my phone even when I'm not running. Just like their headphones Yurbuds delivers again with another nice running accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment